This is a huge event, long in preparation, with lots of different things to see and do by a large crowd of participating artists and musicians and performers. Which I greatly look forward to seeing.
I will be participating and doing a number of things myself:
1. I will be showing my new Book, PART ONE, “The Piano”. (PART TWO is close to conclusion.)
2. I will be doing readings from it and from other Stone Street Press books, with audience participation & back and forth.
3. I will be showing new DOT paintings –many of them previously not shown.
4. MUSIC –keyboard performances and illustrations (by me) to go with the readings.
And also as part of my Playing Music for my Birds experiments that I have been doing over the years.
I will play selections suitable to both performances. (Interesting discussions may ensue).
5. THE SMALLEST HANDMADE BOOK IN THE WORLD will be on display.
6. To go with this I will stage a “HOW SMALL CAN YOU WRITE” competition –open to kids and qualified adults. There will be a book prize for the Smallest Writer!.
7. I will be wearing my DOT-Ensemble (I promise not to embarrass the overly serious….)
8. I will be demonstrating Fabric DOT BLEACH PAINTING.
9. I will be serving Iced Malachi McCormick Decent Tea, mint, (from J. HARNEY TEA COMPANY)
10. Also on display –a prototype book, THELONIOUS MONK’S ACCORDION –DOT Drawings done by me at the Monk Concert at the World Financial Center last Fall.
11. Also on display, another prototype: A Subway Map for The Universe. (In development.)
12. And of course ….as we used to say….MUCH MUCH MORE. Also…MUCH MUCH LESS!!!!
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE:
All the Fun of The Fair (and Balanced)